PRESIDENT'S LETTERYou are the ones who make assistance to the local organizations possible.
September 19, 2018
Giving to the Community Chest is an easy and efficient way to help people in need in our home town. We are a long standing local all-volunteer non-profit organization dedicated to helping our community. We ensure your donation stays in our community and has the maximum impact. For 2018, the CWCC supported 23 agencies providing over 15,000 individual services to the people of Camas and Washougal.
The Community Chest relies on donations from individuals and businesses. Last year over 97% of donations went directly back to our community. The remaining 3% covered necessary costs such as liability insurance and brochures.
Here are a few examples of the impact your Community Chest donation made in the last year:
- 3,910 meals served at Lost and Found Café
- 170 students took food home each weekend via Interfaith Treasure House
- 2,500 persons helped at the East County Family Resource Center
- 15 runaway youth from C-W received safe housing at Janus Youth
- 60 low income kids received supplies via the Principals’ Checkbook Fund
- 112 kids learned environmental stewardship from the Estuary Partnership
- Thousands of people helped by the 17 other local agencies we support
Please donate to the CWCC and give yourself the satisfaction of knowing you are helping local families in need. All donations are tax deductible as the CWCC is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Donations can be sent to our PO Box or made online at our website. If you would like to be involved, or have any questions, please contact me at info@CamasWashougalCommunityChest.org.
We are excited to introduce our CWCC Planned Giving Program to help financially strengthen the Community Chest for the future. For more info, please check out our Planned Giving pamphlet, or click on Planned Giving at www.CamasWashougalCommunityChest.org.
Thank you for your gracious support,
Dave Pinkernell, President