PRESIDENT'S LETTERYou are the ones who make assistance to the local organizations possible.
September 8, 2017
Giving to the Community Chest is an easy and efficient way to help people in need in our home town. We are a long standing local all-volunteer non-profit organization dedicated to helping our community. We ensure your donation stays in our community and has a big impact. Just last year the CWCC awarded 21 grants totaling $75,000 to non-profit organizations helping people in Camas and Washougal.
The Community Chest relies on donations from individuals and businesses. Last year over 97% of donations went directly back to our community. The remaining 3% covered typical service and supply costs of an organization.
Here are a few examples of the impact donations to the Community Chest are making in 2017:
- 4,000 meals will be served at Lost and Found Café
- 150 students will take weekend food home via Interfaith Treasure House
- 1,100 persons will be helped at the East County Family Resource Center
- 20 runaway youth from C-W will receive safe housing at Janus Youth
- 26 homeless persons will use St Anne’s Safe Stay services
- 2,700 kids will participate in Camas Public Library summer reading program
- plus 100’s of additional people will be helped by the 15 other local agencies we support.
Please donate to the CWCC and give yourself the satisfaction of knowing you are helping local families in need. All donations are tax deductible as the CWCC is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization. Donations can be sent to our PO Box or made online at our website. If you would like to be involved, or have any questions, please contact me at info@CamasWashougalCommunityChest.org.
We are excited to introduce our CWCC Planned Giving Program to help financially strengthen the Community Chest for the future. For more info, please check out the our Planned Giving pamphlet, or click on Planned Giving at www.CamasWashougalCommunityChest.org
Thank you for your gracious support,
Dave Pinkernell, President