OUR PURPOSELearn about what we do best - local people helping local people since 1946.
The Camas Community Chest was officially incorporated in the State of Washington on February 26, 1946. The articles of incorporation were signed by Dr. A.K. Harris (for whom the Camas School District’s Doc Harris stadium is named), Odmund Egaas, and Marjorie Howard, and they were filed by none other than Attorney J.D. Currie (for whom Camp Currie is named). Washougal was officially added in 1956 and our name changed to the Camas-Washougal Community Chest.
The Camas-Washougal Community Chest was formed by community leaders back in 1946 to coordinate fundraising for local nonprofits and we are still going strong! The CWCC is governed by an all-volunteer Board of Directors, we have zero paid employees, and in recent years we’ve been able to distribute over 97% of donations back to the community.
We require grant recipients to provide services within the Camas-Washougal area, submit reports at the end of the year on how grant funds were used, and be involved with education, youth education, health and welfare, natural resource conservation, aiding those with special needs, crisis and emergency services, diversity, equity and inclusion, or other charitable and civic endeavors.
2022 Grant Program Summary
Total number of grants awarded – 35
Total value of grants awarded – $140,290
In partnership with C-W Rotary Foundation