PRESIDENT'S LETTERYou are the ones who make assistance to the local organizations possible.
June 2, 2021
In March, 2021, the C-W Community Chest announced $127,671 in grants to 28 agencies, providing over 19,500 individual services for people in Camas and Washougal. That’s a new record for us and an increase of over 80% above our 2015 and 2016 amounts.
The key word in 2020 was “pivot.” First, we heard back from several grant recipients that their events or programs had to be canceled or postponed due to the pandemic. So, we quickly pivoted and distributed a second round of COVID-relief grants in May. Then the Camas Washougal Rotary Foundation contacted us to see if they could utilize our process to fund some grants of their own. We quickly put together a joint agreement that serves our similar but separate mission statements and figured out how members of both boards could work together to evaluate and distribute grants. Thankfully, things went smoothly and the Rotary Foundation ended up funding 4 grants. We look forward to continuing this relationship!
We would like to thank all of the businesses, individuals, and foundations who have supported us over the years. The Community Chest has an all-volunteer board, zero paid employees, and we keep our expenses low (under 3%) to maximize the impact of your donations in our community. Last year, you helped us provide the following:
- 25,175 meals were prepared and delivered to 201 seniors by Meals on Wheels People. That’s more than double the number of meals they served in 2019!
- 3,744 food bags were distributed to 178 families by the Inter-Faith Treasure House, and 2,000 people collected free bread, dairy, produce, and meat from their porch monthly.
- The General Federation of Women’s Clubs – Camas Washougal continued their support of early childhood education by distributing 944 books via school bus to local preschoolers.
- 520 children and 195 teens participated in the Summer Reading Program at the Camas Public Library sponsored by the Friends and Foundation of the Camas Library. Grant funds paid for incentives for the program and software to track program participation.
- Camas Farmer’s Market’s SNAP Market Match matched $1,844 in EBT/SNAP purchases for low-income households, essentially doubling healthy food on their tables while supporting 20 agricultural-based small businesses.
When you give to the C-W Community Chest, you can be confident that your donations will stay local and support non-profits who make a difference. The CWCC is a 501(c)(3) non-profit so all donations are tax deductible. Donations can be mailed to our PO Box or made online at our website. If you would like to be involved or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com. For more information on our Planned Giving Program, a program designed to strengthen our long-term financial future, click on Planned Giving on our website.
Thank you for your gracious support,
Joelle Scheldorf & Bolt Minister, Co-Presidents